Short Horror Story: Buyers Remorse

I tend to take my dogs out early in the morning and late at night for their potty breaks, but, mini potty breaks can happen during the hot seasons since the dogs drink more water and enjoy being outside when the weather is warmer. These weird potty breaks can stem between the hours of 6am-10am and 6 pm-10pm. These hours are because of me being an insomniac and my neighbors letting out their aggressive dogs during certain times of the day. It’s also apparent they have no control over their dogs. These hours are the attempts to avoid unnecessary conflicts with my neighbors because of their annoying canines and having to protect my pooches by any means necessary. The specified time frames matched accordingly to my life and help me function without any delays.
My current residence is in a cul-de-sac neighborhood, and because of the houses claustrophobic proximity to each other, I’m very much having buyer’s remorse. Not to mention the towering tree’s in the back of the house. Trees that are constantly showering us with some sort of seed that covers the entire backyard, and loose branches that can stop your heart when they fall because of the unexpectedly loud sound they create when they hit the ground. Considering the branches massive size they cause an increasing amount of anxiety when you step foot in the backyard because the branches seem to break off without making the normal snapping sound one would hear when branches do snap off a tree. Another annoying aspect of this new home is the constant creaking sounds that we hear coming from our bonus room and the roof when sitting in the Livingroom.
Taking out the dogs never required a fixed schedule before, but, within our new neighborhood, it’s very necessary. I’ve noticed that all the animals including the squirrels never venture into the backyard, but, they will always settle on the fence looking within the yard as if they are inspecting the house and us as we come outside. Our dogs have also been behaving differently since we’ve moved into our new home and they're always sitting by the door waiting for us to come outside with them; no matter how long they’ve needed to use the bathroom or the amount of time we took before realizing that they haven’t moved. Our back door as of two weeks ago isn’t closing properly as it should, and the second bathroom window is also having issues, but, we’ve never opened that window before. Taking the dogs out at night time is also becoming an issue, but, I think I’m just being paranoid. Last night when I took my dogs out to potty after briefly looking around the yard and the house as I normally do I got blinded by the light above the door as it shifted slightly as if something was hanging from it and used it to propel itself onto the roof. For a second I could have sworn I saw two bright green eyes staring at me from the roof. But, the sudden drop of a branch combined with the simultaneous barks of my dogs caused me to clutch my chest momentarily distracting me from the roof. As I looked back darkness was all I saw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Horror Story: Meal

My realization of my mental disabilities and one of coping methods that's helped me the most.